Here is the schedule for the remainder of our 2016 Workshop lineup! Hope you can make to many of them!
In honor of Heart Health month in February, Weld Family Clinic will host a Heart Health Class on February 22nd at 6:15pm. We’ll be discussing the important role cholesterol plays in the health of your brain and the dangers of cholesterol-lowering medications like “statins”. Join us!More
This great summer salad recipe uses all fresh ingredients and takes only 15 minutes of prep and around 20 minutes of cooking time!
- 16oz beef steak (we used Top Sirloin)
- 2 Sweet Potatoes
- 1/2 pound Asparagus
- 2 Medium Zucchini
- 2 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Prep and Cook
- Peel sweet potatoes, cut ½ inch off bottom of asparagus stalks and cut all vegetables into chunks. Toss all vegetables and garlic with Balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil, season with salt and pepper and place in foil-lined grill basket or directly on a mesh grill grid.
- Season steaks and grill to medium rare
- Grill vegetables until tender (usually 15 to 20 minutes)
- Cut steak into bite-sized chunks and toss with vegetables on plate
- Give everyone around a high-five
- Eat Happy
Enjoyed this meal? We have more recipes you may enjoy!More
Looking for a way to get a daily workout that is guaranteed not to get stale and boring?
Do big gyms with steep monthly fees full of exercise maniacs intimidate you?
What if you could get your KIDS excited about exercise and keep your entire family fit?
We’d like to introduce you to fitness poker! Draw five cards from a standard deck, match them to the corresponding cards on the Fitness Poker sheet and perform the exercises listed! You’ll likely never get the same hand twice and the exercises are easy to get done either all at once, or spaced throughout the day. They target all the major muscle groups and can give you a full body workout every day.
Dr. Erik started with an idea to challenge his kids to exercise before they sat down to watch any TV this summer. In a discussion with the guys in his Bible study, he found out the idea had already been on the popular TV show “Shark Tank” as the FitDeck – available at www.fitdeck.com. We cannot sell this idea to you, but we can offer our version of it to you for free.
Download your exercise sheet HERE and start having FUN getting FIT!