Starting Monday November 25th, we’re holding a 6-week holiday health challenge. Click on the links below to get the official rules and your tracking form! Put your name on the tracking sheet and turn it in by January 6th! We’ll announce the winners on Tuesday January 7th.
Millions of Americans deal with frequent headaches. The vast majority of headaches are caused by tension in the neck and shoulders, and with the holidays upon us the stress and tension are inevitable. Here are some tips to make it through the holidays with your head attached.
1. Limit sugar and processed foods – your nervous system doesn’t know quite what to do with these foreign substances and too much can add to the stress load.
2. Get enough sleep – when you lack sleep, your body has to work extra hard to try and keep itself upright.
3. Drink plenty of water – if you have multiple moments of indiscretion with food and alcohol consumption, water is your best detox solution.
4. Keep up with your exercise – exercise is a great stress reliever and will melt away the tension that leads to headaches.
5. Get checked by your chiropractor – during high-stress times, it’s important to keep your spine and nervous system in tip-top shape. If you’re not currently under chiropractic care, you can find a chiropractor in your area by visiting www.100yearlifestyle.com and clicking on Find a Doctor