Chiropractic care makes a lot of sense when we ask questions about symptoms we’re having like:
- Are headaches caused by a Tylenol deficiency?
- Is high cholesterol caused by a Lipitor deficiency?
- Is acid reflux caused by decreased levels of Tums in your body?
Symptoms, like the ones listed above, aren’t caused by a deficiency of any artificial chemical in the body.
They’re caused by miscommunication between the brain and the body.
(Your brain controls EVERYTHING)
This miscommunication is called:
Subluxations are caused by physical, chemical and emotional stress.
Chiropractic works by removing subluxations and restoring communication.
When communication is restored, symptoms “miraculously” disappear in many cases.
(It’s not really miraculous – it’s NORMAL)
If you want to feel (and function) normal again, ask yourself:
Do I want to take another medication?
Give chiropractic a shot!
Let me start off by telling you that I am a chiropractor, and yes, I am writing this blog entitled, “Chiropractic is TERRIBLE”. I feel there are some misconceptions out there that need to be addressed regarding this CHIROPRACTIC thing.
- Chiropractic is TERRIBLE if you’re looking for a quick fix to a problem that’s been going on for weeks, months, or years. Healing is a process and as Principle #6 in chiropractic’s 33 principles states: There is no process that does not require time. It may not be fun, or pleasant or even seem bearable to wait as the body heals through chiropractic, but it is necessary, and it is worth it.
- Chiropractic is TERRIBLE if you only come in when you can’t move. First off, it’s no fun to get adjusted when you’re in severe pain – trust me, I’ve been there. Secondly, if cost is a concern, it will cost you more in the long run for this type of care. Like repeatedly patching a pothole, you’ll pay more long term than if you fixed it the right way in the first place.
- Chiropractic is TERRIBLE if you think it’s just about the bones. People seem to think chiropractic is concerned just with the bones and joints, but we’re concerned about so much more than that. Your nerve system – your brain, spinal cord and all the miles and miles of branching nerves in your body – controls and coordinates all the functions of your body. Subluxations affect EVERY aspect of your health and every part of your body.
- Chiropractic is TERRIBLE if you get adjusted and just go back to life as usual. Subluxations are bad habits that have developed in your nerve system. Adjustments are a “pattern interrupt” for your body and your life. If you do everything the same after you get adjusted, you’re headed right back into the old habit of subluxation. If you, however, do something different – even something ever so slightly different – your body learns new habits and will change much faster!
Chiropractic is about so much more than these things! This is about LIFE and it has nothing to do with symptoms, medication or surgery. Want to know more? Give us a call. Otherwise, enjoy your TERRIBLE chiropractic.
2017 Holiday Health Challenge!
From Thanksgiving Day, November 23rd through New Year’s Day, January 1st, we’re holding a 6-week holiday health challenge. As we do every year, we’ve got a great prize for the winner!
Click on the links below to get the official rules and your tracking form! Put your name on the tracking sheet and turn it in by January 2nd! We’ll announce the winners by the 9th of January.
Holiday Health Challenge Rules 2017
Score Sheet 2017
You can scan or photograph your totals sheet on January 2nd and email to [email protected]
Our 2017 workshop schedule is out. Click on the link below for a printable version, or stop by the office and pick up one with a magnet on the back!