2017 Holiday Health Challenge!
From Thanksgiving Day, November 23rd through New Year’s Day, January 1st, we’re holding a 6-week holiday health challenge. As we do every year, we’ve got a great prize for the winner!
Click on the links below to get the official rules and your tracking form! Put your name on the tracking sheet and turn it in by January 2nd! We’ll announce the winners by the 9th of January.
Holiday Health Challenge Rules 2017
Score Sheet 2017
You can scan or photograph your totals sheet on January 2nd and email to [email protected]
Here is the schedule for the remainder of our 2016 Workshop lineup! Hope you can make to many of them!
In honor of Heart Health month in February, Weld Family Clinic will host a Heart Health Class on February 22nd at 6:15pm. We’ll be discussing the important role cholesterol plays in the health of your brain and the dangers of cholesterol-lowering medications like “statins”. Join us!
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
This great summer salad recipe uses all fresh ingredients and takes only 15 minutes of prep and around 20 minutes of cooking time!
- 16oz beef steak (we used Top Sirloin)
- 2 Sweet Potatoes
- 1/2 pound Asparagus
- 2 Medium Zucchini
- 2 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Prep and Cook
- Peel sweet potatoes, cut ½ inch off bottom of asparagus stalks and cut all vegetables into chunks. Toss all vegetables and garlic with Balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil, season with salt and pepper and place in foil-lined grill basket or directly on a mesh grill grid.
- Season steaks and grill to medium rare
- Grill vegetables until tender (usually 15 to 20 minutes)
- Cut steak into bite-sized chunks and toss with vegetables on plate
- Give everyone around a high-five
- Eat Happy
Enjoyed this meal? We have more recipes you may enjoy!