Have you ever considered chiropractic for kids?
Most people recognize the value of chiropractic care for adults. But a healthy spine and nervous system can benefit everyone. Kids experience stress just like adults do, although the stressors can be a bit different. Stress causes subluxations – areas of interference in the nervous system – that cause disturbance in the function of the rest of the body. Here are some examples of how all age groups are confronted with these causes.
- Birth Process
- Numerous falls while learning to walk
- Falling from a bike, wrestling with family
- Sports Injuries
- What is the relationship of the family at home? Do we always remember to keep our arguments from the children?
- Does the child get teased by siblings or friends?
- Are they able to keep up with schoolwork or are they overwhelmed?
- Peer Pressure!
- Sugar, processed foods or fast foods
- Environmental toxins such as cleaning chemicals, smoke, etc.
- Prescription and over-the-counter medications
How early should I have my child checked and what good is it if their body is constantly changing? Birth is the best time to start. Keeping a child subluxation-free allows their body to function properly while they are growing and changing. If a child has a subluxation, proper growth of the spine is compromised, potentially causing abnormal curvatures. Subluxations put stress on surrounding joints and cause degenerative changes later in life.
Chiropractic for kids has been shown to be very effective for numerous childhood conditions such as colic, asthma, ear infections, allergies, bowel problems, scoliosis and many more. Restoring proper function to the body through proper nervous system function early on in life gives a child the best chance to not only resolve an existing problem, but also avoid problems later in life.
Kids are not simply small adults! Dr. Patricia has completed a 3 year postgraduate Diplomate in Clinical Chiropractic Pediatrics and has helped many children with specific health concerns. If you have any questions about chiropractic for children or would like additional information, please do not hesitate to ask.